Happiness does not come without Stress, Hardships, Heartaches and Regrets. It comes In-Spite of them.
You have to make a decision to let yourself drive towards happiness and not let all of the ugliness of your life drive you. It takes:
- Daily meditation of positivism
- reading inspirational books
- looking for positive quotes each day to focus on
- Setting goals in your life
- Starting with today. What do I want to get accomplished today?
- Keeping your eye on the prize
- you decide what the prize is; completing your to do list, accomplishing a long term goal, etc.
- Removing negativity from your life. (sometimes that may be a person)
- Realize that when people are snapping at you or being rude, that is usually a symptom of their problems (don’t make them yours)
- Celebrate the successes no matter how small or large they are
- tell a friend who you share your struggles with
- turn on a happy song and dance while reciting “I did it!”
We celebrate with children when they accomplish something small and large. When my one year old grandson has developed a new motor skill, such as walking, we clap and say “yay”. That becomes culture and when he does something that he thinks deserves a celebration, he starts clapping and says “yay” while anticipating that I will celebrate with him. And I always do.
Along the way to adulthood we tend to lose that mentality and focus on the things that we and other people do wrong. In the most severe cases this can lead to depression and other health problems.
Changing this mentality, that has slowly become culture, takes effort; sometimes it takes a great deal of effort. But, when you put forth the effort, it then becomes habit which leads to a newly developed Culture. Get started today by looking for the bright side of every situation you find yourself getting aggravated with and build on it.
Remember: follow me, share me, talk about me